I haven't done this Meme since 2007 but I always enjoyed filling it out.
1. What did you do in 2007 that you'd never done before?
I jumped ship and left Chapel Hill, all my friends and my job of 3 years to the unknown that was Wilmington to try to start a new life.
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I'm always working on improving my finances. Next year I want to travel abroad again, work on sewing more and read more.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My cousin Amber gave birth to my beautiful Lila Bean right at the end of last year, my brother's ex girl friend had Kia and Charles had Kaleb.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Some of my clients have died. Nobody close to me.
5. What countries did you visit?
Fourth year in a row not leaving the US.
6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
haha more money?
7. What dates from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
March 20 was the afternoon I was sleeping in Collin's lap and he was petting my hair while playing a video game and he murmured to himself that he was glad we were in love and my heart has never felt happier.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I moved to a new place and found a job within a week. Very lucky!
9. What was your biggest failure?
Still living pay check to paycheck. As an almost adult I'd like to have a better grip on my finances.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
nope, very healthy this year.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
My blow up mattress has sure come in handy.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Collin has made me very happy. I'm also very proud of Ryan who started college!
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
A few people didn't support me during difficult decisions and without their backing it made me question my actions.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Student loans, credit cards, driving to Wilmington
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
When I originally moved into my mom's house with Beth I was really excited about building a home there. I wanted to build a chicken house and a garden in the backyard.
16. What song will always remind you of 2010?
Tokyo Police Club - Your English is good
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder?
Amazingly happier - I don't think I've been very happy for the past 3 years
b) thinner or fatter?
Thinner. Collin pushes me to be healthy .. I'm at 117 right now
c) richer or poorer?
probably about the same .. I make more money, but paying off student loans is a huge financial burden
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Meditation and crafts
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
20. How did you be spend Christmas?
Collin is in Japan. Went home to Chapel Hill and cooked dinner for my mom and sister. Christmas Eve service at Duke Cathedral. Christmas dinner at Gmas
21. Did you fall in love in 2010?
Yes! Hah, I think everybody is still doing a "WTF?" about me and Collin getting together (even us). Although we'd always been friends (for 6 years) it was very touch and go. We wouldn't talk for months, then eat Ihop, then not talk for months, then he'd yell at me about my inability to use an away message, then we'd chat on the phone. I'm in awe of him and so grateful to have him in my life loving me.
22. How many...one-night stands?
23. What was your favorite TV program?
I was big on the trashy reality TV shows when living with Beth. I liked america's next top model.
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
25. What was the best book you read?
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
today the moon tomorrow the sun was great live. Finally got to see Autolux!
27. What did you want and get?
A healthy and mature relationship
28. What did you want and not get?
still wandering around moving every couple months.. haha .. need a home plx
29. What was your favorite film of this year?
Casshern - I stole it from Jon
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 25. I totally crashed Bucky's party. I don't know why I didn't know our birthdays were so close. We went to the beach and played in a giant inflatable pool and then ate his Grandpa's BBQ. The night ended in drunken debauchery and was lots of fun.
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
I don't know. This has been one of the best years of my life.
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?
Professional casual .. woot woot for being an office girl
33. What kept you sane?
Collin's lovins and a personal calm I've seemed to master
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
huge jackman? lol
35. What political issue stirred you the most?
military stuff is always on my radar. North and South Korean tensions scares me a lot
36. Who did you miss?
Ryan-face, my heterosexual life partner - beth and my owner - elene
37. Who was the best new person you met in 2010?
Sean and Travis are both super cool. I don't think I knew them back when I first met the gang but I love um to death now.
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010:
Personal power focused into action can accomplish anything.
39. Quote song lyrics that sums up your year:
The Cardigans - And then you kissed me II (chopped up a bit)
It's a mystery how people behave
How we long for a life as a slave
When he kissed me I gladly gave in
To a fight nobody could win
Oh you, you, it's always you
The hardest hitter that I ever knew
True love is cruel love
Not much to be proud of
Nerve-wrecking, acrobatic backwards bend
All for a happy end
|comments: Add some change!|